Exceptional Dental Implant Restorations in Springfield
At Milner Dentistry, we offer dental implant restorations of excellent quality. Our skilled dentist, Dr. Ty D. Milner, is committed to helping you achieve a fully functional, attractive smile. We provide dental implant restorations to Springfield, Rochester, Chatham, and nearby neighborhood adults who are looking to replace missing teeth or secure their denture.
Missing teeth can profoundly impact your confidence and make it difficult to enjoy the foods that you love. If restoring your youthful smile is essential to you, our skilled team is always ready to help with dental implant restorations. Our practice strives to provide you with compassionate services and create a comforting, relaxing atmosphere so you can receive excellent treatment. Call today and schedule your consultation!
CALL US: (217) 528-3384 REQUEST APPOINTMENT
What is a Dental Implant?
A dental implant is a permanent solution for replacing a tooth along with its roots. It consists of the following three parts:
- Dental Implant Post: The dental implant post is made of titanium, so it can integrate with your jawbone through a process called osseointegration. For the dental implant procedure, the post is surgically placed, and allowed several months to heal.
- Abutment: After the dental implant post has fused with the jawbone, a custom abutment is attached. The abutment is a small metal cap that connects the crown to the dental implant post.
- Restoration: The prosthetic restoration is the crown that attaches to the post. It is usually made of porcelain and matched to the color and shape of your surrounding teeth. If you are missing multiple teeth, you can choose to have an implant-supported dental bridge or dentures instead.
4 Benefits of Dental Implants
Dental implants are versatile solutions and can solve more than one dental issue. They provide you with various benefits, including:
- Replacing missing teeth without affecting adjacent teeth
- Preventing joint pain or bite problems caused by shifting teeth
- Restoring your normal chewing, speech, and digestion
- Enhancing and preserving your youthful facial structure
Why Choose Us When Considering Dental Implants?
We combine thorough, quality patient care with advanced technology and partner with specialists for lasting results. At Milner Dentistry, we do a complete evaluation of the your health before we even discuss implants. If we notice signs of gum disease, we focus on treating the condition to provide a healthy, stable foundation for the implants.
We work closely with talented oral surgeons and periodontist who care about your well-being and will help minimize any risks. Our oral surgeon makes use of sophisticated technology when placing dental implants to ensure the best results. We use digital sensors for x-rays and panoramic images to provide precise planning. Our team will thoroughly discuss the treatment plan with you so that you understand every step. Our goal is to give you as much information as possible to help you feel relaxed and confident about your procedure.
Types of Implant Restorations
The type of implant restoration you receive will depend on your specific situation and how many teeth you are missing. Some of the various restoration options we provide include:
- A Crown: A single implant and a crown is used if you are missing one tooth. This will maintain your jawbone structure by providing you the chewing pressure you need.
- A Fixed Bridge: Implant-supported bridges replace two or more missing teeth in a row. The artificial teeth are affixed to two crowns placed on implant posts on each side. Unlike traditional bridges, fixed bridges rely on implants instead of neighboring teeth for support.
- A Fixed Dentures: If you are missing an entire arch of teeth, a fixed denture may be an excellent solution. This implant-supported denture uses six to eight dental implants for support. They are stable and will not slip, allowing you to speak clearly and chew effectively.
Ready for a Dental Implant Consultation in Springfield, IL?
Our talented dentist is here to help you get a beautiful, permanent smile. At Milner Dentistry, we deliver dental implant restoration to Springfield and the neighboring communities. If you have questions or would like to request a consultation, get in touch with our knowledgeable staff for more information. Call us today and schedule your visit.
CALL US: (217) 528-3384 REQUEST APPOINTMENT